There are countless channels and platforms that marketers and business owners can use to reach their audience, and more are popping up all the time. Facebook is by far the biggest of all the social networks, and it’s a constantly evolving platform based on algorithm changes, new tools, and shifting demographics. So, here are 5 Facebook stats you need to know in order to have success on Facebook and how they apply to your social media strategy.
1. Facebook is the world’s third-most visited website. The only websites visited more are Google and YouTube, and it’s also the top Google search. So, when people are online, there’s a good chance it’s on Facebook.
2. 71% of American adults use Facebook. That’s the highest of any social network, and nearly double the amount that use Instagram. Also, with Facebook being 16 years old, the demographics of Facebook users are skewing to older generations, with users 65 and up being the fastest growing age group.
3. The highest traffic times are between 11am and 2pm on Wednesday and Thursday. Depending on your audience and industry, your highest engagement times may vary. Be sure to pay attention to when your audience is most engaged to figure out the best times to post.
4. 94% of Facebook ad revenue is from mobile devices, which is the highest ratio since Facebook started running ads. People tend to access social media primarily from mobile devices, which drives advertisers to spend more money targeting mobile users, and reminds how imperative it is to optimize your social content for mobile users.
5. Facebook videos gather about 8 billion views per day. In addition, mobile-friendly video generates higher engagement and 85% of users watch video without sound. Video is the king of content, garnering more engagements than still images, and again, it’s important to make sure your video content is mobile-friendly.
Some of the major themes we’re seeing here are the growth of Facebook Ads, video content, and mobile-optimization. Knowing these tips can help you to adjust your Facebook marketing strategy, through both organic content or paid ads, to grow your business online.