It’s so easy to get in a rut in our lives, and our social media presence is no different. Though the same old ideas may be good, it’s important to show a variety of content in your feed. Coming up with new content for your followers is the best way to keep them coming back and wanting more. Here are a few tips to get you started on the right path:
- Check out the competition. It’s ok to take a look at what other businesses, like you, are doing. In fact, it can even give you inspiration and spark ideas for new content. However, it’s important to take that inspiration and create completely new ideas, rather than just plagiarizing another’s content.
- Mix it up. Don’t post the same style of content every day – it can get monotonous and boring and it will often cause people to overlook your profile or maybe even unfollow you. Posting a good mix of photos, graphics and videos can keep your timeline interesting and dynamic.
- Take advantage of User Generated Content. UGC is a great way to mix it up with your content, plus, your customers like to see the real people behind your products and services. Make sure that when you share other people’s content, that you properly credit them for it.
- Make a habit of brainstorming regularly. It can be so easy to get in a rut with the content that you post, especially since it can be difficult to come up with new and fresh ideas. But making a habit of coming up with new ideas regularly can not only help you exercise that creative part of your brain, but it can also bring in potential customers and new followers.
- Don’t get discouraged. This is the most important key to keeping things fresh. Social media is fickle, unpredictable and always changing. It’s easy to get discouraged by the lack of engagement on some posts more than others, or the sudden influx of followers at some times and the loss of followers at others. But don’t allow yourself to get discouraged because this happens to everyone. Just keep putting out dynamic and quality content and the followers will come.
Don’t be afraid to try new things with your content. Trial and error is the only way to find out what your followers like to see and what they don’t. Every audience is different, and continually creating new content will not only keep your feed fresh, it will also allow you to bring new things to your followers while learning more about them.